Monday, July 1, 2013

March 2013



I’ve started again! Temperature was up to 50 today and time to get out the Tyvek suit and the old sander/grinder. With a 60 grit sanding disc backed by a rubber flexible plate this is a mean piece of equipment. It’s great for leveling and truing the boat’s surface. Coupled with my electric planer I was able to sand and plane the starboard side. Upon doing this I found various spots that needed additional epoxy and I applied that on Monday April 1st.  Applied the epoxy and filled the gaps and holes that showed.  Based on the number of sanding discs that I would need to completely sand the boat’s hull I decided to order my sanding discs and sandpaper from a wholesale company that I use for my woodworking business. The company is Supergrit Abrasives Red Hill Corp. , www.supergrit.com in Gettysburg, Pa.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment